Athletics News

PRAY4

PRAYING FOR MY BELOVED CRC MEMBERS & CALVIN COLLEGE et al to NOT ACQUIESCE TO FAR-LEFT LIBERALISM TO TRY TO BE ‘COOL’:

JESUS SAID: “I pray not that thou should take them out of the world, but that thou should keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

And for their sakes ..."

Calvin Institute of Christian Worship - Latest Resources

Twitter Search / CalvinKnights

LifeNews.com

Below: calvin chimes twitter feed

Twitter Search / CalvinChimes

Below: calvin college twitter feed

Twitter Search / CalvinCollege

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Re "Dr. James Timmer Jr. - Calvin Knights"

Wow! This "little guy" made it to the big time! He was our high school quarterback when I was on the team in the mid-80's. Decent quarterback,not great. He was too small. I think he was helped by the fact that his dad worked as a PE professor @ calvin college. He was a grim Dutchman who rarely,if ever,smiled or joked,and I never personally had a conversation with him. Certainly he never got in trouble either. And that's the Calvin way. The only problem is that it leads to a works-righteousness mentality,and "perfect career" syndrome,where it is literally difficult for such persons to think of themselves as sinners who need grace. I come from the same system,but deliberately got into trouble (small,petty stuff) to keep me off my high horse. The only problem for me is that others (ie competitors) use this to keep me down,and will do so to me all the way to the grave. And these are so-called "Christian" brothers (& sisters). Woe to you! Relent and show grace before its too late (for you,not me). C'mon Jim,lighten up. Show some humor.

http://www.calvinknights.com/athletics/directory/bios/timmer-jim-jr