Athletics News

PRAY4

PRAYING FOR MY BELOVED CRC MEMBERS & CALVIN COLLEGE et al to NOT ACQUIESCE TO FAR-LEFT LIBERALISM TO TRY TO BE ‘COOL’:

JESUS SAID: “I pray not that thou should take them out of the world, but that thou should keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

And for their sakes ..."

Calvin Institute of Christian Worship - Latest Resources

Twitter Search / CalvinKnights

LifeNews.com

Below: calvin chimes twitter feed

Twitter Search / CalvinChimes

Below: calvin college twitter feed

Twitter Search / CalvinCollege

Thursday, January 14, 2016

THEY'RE GREAT BUT I'M BURNED OUT ON THEM:"Four Renowned Professors Return for January Series 2016"

We've heard about & from Mouw,Marsden,Plantinga,Wolterstorff for so many years & decades now (especially Mouw in my case) that I've actually gotten "burned out" on their message,sad to say. And I see an older generation almost desperately clinging to their denominational philosophical heroes,at the expense of accepting and/or generating new voices & faces (ie "you're no Alvin Plantinga and never will be")
. Its a real problem & a serious issue when great leaders aren't able to graciously fade away either because they don't want to or their fans won't allow them,or both. & it makes me concerned about whether people in Christian academia ever get an opportunity to really grapple with their own personal relationship with Jesus,or lack of. Its much easier to have a relationship with Christian words & rhetoric & intellectualism.
https://www.crcna.org/news-and-views/four-renowned-professors-return-january-series-2016