Athletics News

PRAY4

PRAYING FOR MY BELOVED CRC MEMBERS & CALVIN COLLEGE et al to NOT ACQUIESCE TO FAR-LEFT LIBERALISM TO TRY TO BE ‘COOL’:

JESUS SAID: “I pray not that thou should take them out of the world, but that thou should keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

And for their sakes ..."

Calvin Institute of Christian Worship - Latest Resources

Twitter Search / CalvinKnights

LifeNews.com

Below: calvin chimes twitter feed

Twitter Search / CalvinChimes

Below: calvin college twitter feed

Twitter Search / CalvinCollege

Monday, February 29, 2016

so one of my CALVIN DORM MATES has become a "public figure" on wikipedia: re Todd Martinez

THATS NEAT TO SEE TODD ON WIKI. HE lived across the hall from me when I was a freshman at calvin in beets dormitory. He & steve brinks were roommates, apparently they knew eachother some how from steve's family being missionaries in argentina & the dominican. I thought he was "from there" ...and we tried to treat him with "kid gloves" given he was from somewhere else, albeit it was kind of strange that he never really spoke to us and never said where he was from nor did steve ever really explain (i realized later that steve was extremely liberal and actively promoting a liberal agenda contrary to the actual viewpoint in general of calvin college and the Christian Reformed Church denomination (CRC) so everything he did was actually "posturing". He viewed me and other Americans who grew up in the USA as "stiffs" and "stupid conservatives" ...people to "use" to get to their objectives. So Calvin College was also a means to an end and not actually to be taken seriously in terms of its Christian heritage and denominational values. It took me a long time to realize that many of the students coming to Calvin College were using the college as a "means to an end" and if that meant writing a requisite letter of Christian faith to be admitted, so be  it. Its very disillusioning. Anyways, I can't speak for or against Todd or Steve's Christian faith. Let their fruit, or lack of, speak for itself. I just know that Todd was NOT very friendly. Even later when he came to UCLA and I was also in southern Cal I called him and tried to invite him to a church gathering that consisted of a lot of Calvin alumni and it was clear he wanted nothing to do with us "white Christians" . I'm glad we were a means to an end for Todd. I just wish he would show some appreciation. Nobody likes being used. 



--

"God exalted Jesus to the highest place & gave Him the name that is above every other name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should BOW, in heaven & on earth & under the earth, & every tongue CONFESS  that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:9-11