Athletics News

PRAY4

PRAYING FOR MY BELOVED CRC MEMBERS & CALVIN COLLEGE et al to NOT ACQUIESCE TO FAR-LEFT LIBERALISM TO TRY TO BE ‘COOL’:

JESUS SAID: “I pray not that thou should take them out of the world, but that thou should keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

And for their sakes ..."

Calvin Institute of Christian Worship - Latest Resources

Twitter Search / CalvinKnights

LifeNews.com

Below: calvin chimes twitter feed

Twitter Search / CalvinChimes

Below: calvin college twitter feed

Twitter Search / CalvinCollege

Monday, December 10, 2018

STOP the 'Mickey Mouse' during greet time at church

During "greet" time @ rolling hills covenant church Palos Verdes  a man says to me "Hey handsome" . It made me queasy. I'm 51 by the way, & definitely not gay either.  I'm straight but unmarried. Called by God  . 

 I don't like men talking to me in such a way.  Greet time should be eliminated at churches . Too many  flaky   "Mickey Mouse" characters at church 4 wrong reasons. 

It's like telling a woman at church she looks "pretty". It's condescending in this day & age . Also the "young man" thing is outdated at 51.

   I go to church because it's the right thing to participate in corporate worship ,& I've devoted my life to God . It's not a fashion show. Maybe you could instruct people to just say hello. 

Did I  hear you mention being a teacher in Detroit   at one point? I've got some west Michigan history from a long time ago. I too was a teacher for a while . Then I went back to school for my M.Div , but I don't feel called to be a church pastor at the moment.

After Christian college & seminary I don't usually feel very comfortable around the average parishioner. Just trying to do what I can for the Great Commission.  

Hope all is well.

Frank