PRAY4

PRAYING FOR MY BELOVED CRC MEMBERS & CALVIN COLLEGE et al to NOT ACQUIESCE TO FAR-LEFT LIBERALISM TO TRY TO BE ‘COOL’:

JESUS SAID: “I pray not that thou should take them out of the world, but that thou should keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

And for their sakes ..."

Calvin Institute of Christian Worship - Latest Resources

Twitter Search / CalvinKnights

LifeNews.com

Below: calvin chimes

Below: calvin college twitter feed. yes it's current

Twitter Search / CalvinCollege

Thursday, September 12, 2024

i just saw "Romancing the Stone" (1984) for the 1st time and now I know where Barb got her romantic ideas that were "all hollywood"

i just saw "Romancing the Stone" (1984) for the 1st time and now I know where Barb got her romantic ideas that were "all hollywood" and not rooted in the realities of a real relationship. Every gal wants to get "swept off their feet" by some  macho Hollywood character  like Michael Douglas but it's NOT REAL- yet when it becomes real in some girls' (adult young ladies) minds, it can create eventual havoc to themselves and others. Barb was a gal I met in college during our "Semester in Spain" and eventually a relationship happened between the two of us. It was to such a point that I was actually thinking about the "M word" if you know what I mean. Yet for some reason she got spooked that I was not the "real deal" - she somehow got the wild crazy-eyed idea that I was just using her for a temporary fling. NOthing could be further than the truth. At the same time for some reason she was losing confidence in herself. These two twains combined to cause her to suddenly FLEE ! Literally. She took off to Costa Rica without even telling me. Suddenly I found out from others she was gone. But at this point she was also "conniving" with another gal named Audrey - still having come to the wrong conclusion about me they wanted to prove their point. THis led to further disastrous events that hurt me. And this returns me to the problem of people getting "Hollywood versions" of love and romance stuck in their heads that does not comport with reality. It's also the reason so many "hollywood relationships" do not last very long. THey have unrealistic expectations not grounded in reality, nor, most importantly, IN CHRIST. Had Barb allowed a real conversation between herself and me things could have turned out so much better for all - maybe even a lifelong relationship; but she panicked and fled, and compounded problems from a distance- making it impossible to repair the breach.